Whether you are interested in a full livestock breeding operation or an animal lover looking for a hobby, the Suri alpaca provides investment opportunities at many levels.
- The unique fleece can be made into exquisite products that showcase luster and drape.
- Their gentle nature makes them ideal for children to work with for 4-H projects, county fairs, our national show system, and many other situations and events.
- For those interested in breeding, the initial importations provided for a multitude of genetics and lineages from which you can select.
- Strong support from a great breed association! The Suri Network offers an array of educational programs, as well as branding and marketing initiatives.
- Friendly and inviting association members! Our members are passionate about their breed and can't wait for you to visit their farms and ranches to hear their stories and learn more about the Suri alpaca.
The Suri Network functions to assist all Suri owners to enjoy their experiences with this intriguing creature. Please explore our pages to learn more about our organization, the Suri alpaca, and our members.
The Suri Network exists to assist its members to protect, preserve, and promote the Suri alpaca. A group of Suri owners established the Suri Network in 1997, a few years after the first Suris were imported to the United States from Bolivia in the winter of 1991. There were several subsequent imports in 1993, 1995, 1996 and 1998 from Peru, Chile and Bolivia, and all Suris in North America are descendants of those imported animals.
Since its beginnings, the Suri Network has organized numerous educational events, published the PurelySuri Magazine, held multiple fleece shows, facilitated research, educated consumers about the unique qualities of Suri fleece, promoted the use of Suri alpaca in different products, developed a Suri breed standard, and served as a conduit between its members and the Alpaca Owners Association.
Below we offer a brief description and links to the various programs the Suri Network organizes. We are immensely proud that our membership has always been at the forefront of the alpaca industry promoting both the Suri alpaca and the use of its wondrous fleece.
Not only do we hope that you will join the Suri Network, but we also hope that you will share your individual talents by getting involved in our great industry by volunteering with us.
WHAT WE DO!
THE SURI NETWORK ONLINE AUCTION
SURI HERD IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM OR S.H.I.P.
PURELY SURI MAGAZINE
To advertise in the upcoming 2022 issue of PurelySuri, please use the 2021 PurelySuri Advertising Reservation Formf
SURI SIMPLY STUNNING:
THE 2022 ALL SURI FLEECE SHOW
NATIONAL ALPACA FARM DAYS
To find a Suri alpaca farm to visit near you click HERE, but do call ahead to be sure when they will be accepting visitors.